Thursday 31 October 2013

A Medical Affair by Anne McCarthy Strauss

I got asked to review this book and agreed despite it being not my usual genre or type of book I go for, and I enjoyed it!!! I'll definitely be trying new things in the future, without hesitation.  

at first this book interested me, as I, like many others, wasn't aware of the forbidden relationship between a doctor and a patient that so frequently occurs. I was very interested in the character of Jeff but found that Heather's character lacked depth and detail especially as she was the protagonist, as the reader I didn't connect with her emotionally and found it hard to relate to her situation. 

I also found that the book mentioned Heather's molestation as a child somewhat shallowly and didn't go into depth with it, leading to the subject appearing somewhat insensitive. 

another thing about the book that perplexed me was that Heather spoke of avoiding 'making Jeff aware that the tape existed'. Without giving away too much, I was confused as surely, Jeff having made the tape, would be aware that it existed? 


overall this book was interesting and intriguing but I found the most eyecatching part was the legal fight between Jeff and Heather towards the end. 






 


I would recommend this book to round adults and anyone interested in victim rights or legal battles in general.




~happy reading~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment