Saturday 24 May 2014

exciting new releases

My summer starts in under three weeks and I can't wait to read read read, 24/7. I've got a stack of classics already on the agenda but here are a few up-coming releases I cat wait to stick my teeth into. 




Emma Healey's Elizabeth is Missing

Emma Healey is a 28 year old author who grew up in London. Before becoming an author she worked in libraries,bookshops and galleries. Elizabeth is Missing is her first novel. 

 Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey was featured in Marie Claire's '9 New Books You Should Definitely Consider Reading This  Spring' and was described as 'springs hottest release', not to mention Healey featuring in the London Evening Standards 'Londoners to watch in 2014' article back in January. 

Elizabeth is Missing is about Maud who despite an array of notes can hardly remember everyday things - her memory isn't what it used to be. Maud's best friend Elizabeth has gone missing and Maud can't recall where she would be. 

This debut mystery novel narrated by an 80-something year old woman who's losing her memory created a buzz of excitement at the London book fair in 2013 and I'm more than buzzing to read it when it's released on June 5th. 







Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes

Stephen King is a contemporary American author who has sold more than 350 millions copies of his horror, fantasy and science fiction novels. 

Mr. Mercedes is a suspense thriller featuring a retired homicide detective who receives a letter from a man claiming to be the perpetrator of a case that still leaves detective Hodges restless at night.

Release date: June 3rd.  

I'm looking forward to reading this as Stephen King's novels have always been well acclaimed. 






Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See

A young girl called Marie-Laure goes blind at a young age. When she turns twelve the Nazis occupy Paris so Marie-Laure and her father flee to stay with a reclusive great-uncle who lives in Saint-Malo, by the sea. 

In a mining town in Germany, Werner is an orphan who has a special gift for fixing radios. This same talent wins him a place in the Hitler Youth tracking the resistance. Werner travels into Saint-Malo where his and Marie-Laure's lives cross paths. 



This book has actually already been realeased but I haven't had the chance to read it yet, I am very very very excited to get my hands on it as All the Light We Cannot See sounds like it's right up my street. In fact it sounds so far up my street it might just be on my front doorstep knocking away!







I'll be doing reviews on all these books later on in the summer once I've read them all, so watch this space !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment